Safety Plan for Camps
(Excluding Siebert Park Day Camp & Theatre Camps, please look for their plans under each camp.)
Safety Plan during Covid-19 Following CDC Guidelines:
- We have implemented many safety actions to reduce the likelihood of disease transmission.
- All children and staff will be required to wear masks at camp when indoors and required outdoors when 6’ distance cannot be maintained.
- Equipment will be disinfected after each use by a group according the manufactures guidelines.
- Camp staff are to disinfect surfaces, tabletops and counters after each use by their group.
- An isolation area will be established for any camper who begins to exhibit symptoms during the camp day to ensure their separation from other campers until the time they are picked up by designated parent or guardian.
- CDC protocols for cleaning and disinfecting after any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 will be observed.
Staff Screening: All staff will be screened daily prior to the start of their shift. Any employee who exhibits any of the symptoms provided by the CDC will not be permitted to work and will be sent home prior to beginning their shift including any employee with a temperature 100.4 or greater. A checklist will be used to document that the assessment was done.
Camper Screening Upon Arrival, Social Distance Sign-In: Arrival and sign-in to each camp will be outside the building where camp is taking place. Staff members wearing a mask and maintaining social distance will greet each family and take temperature of child and ask to verify by person dropping off that no one in the household has tested positive for COVID-19 or is awaiting test results. Parents will not be able to enter the facilities being used. No contact sign-in system will be in place and adults dropping off for camp will be required to wear a mask.
Pick-up Procedures: At time of pick-up, adult picking up for camp will be required to wear a mask. Camper will need to take home all of their belongings each day. Adult will be asked to wait for child to get ready and maintain 6 feet from other waiting parents outside building.