The Borough of Camp Hill I seeking professional consultants to submit requests for proposals for a Borough of Camp Hill zoning ordinance review and update. The complete RFP can be found on the Borough’s website. Proposals are due Friday, August 2nd at 4:30 p.m. Any questions can be directed to Borough Manager, Patrick Dennis, 717-761-3456 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org Email is preferred.
The Borough of Camp Hill is currently accepting proposals from qualified firms with expertise in zoning for leading a process resulting in review, audit and recommendations for improvement in the Borough of Camp Hill’s zoning ordinance.
Proposals received via the competitive bidding process will be reviewed by Borough Council and Staff.
This solicitation is a Request for Proposals (RFP). Proposals will be reviewed by a Borough Council and staff that will evaluate each proposal according to the selection criteria outlined in the RFP. Interviews may be requested with one or more firms responding to the RFP.
Award of this contract, if any, will be to the firm deemed best qualified, in accordance with the selection criteria, to perform the services outlined in this RFP and other services as deemed necessary by the Borough. Pricing, while an important factor; will be only one criterion used to evaluate the responses to the RFP.
Proposals will be opened at the date and time specified and each firm responding will be recorded as a respondent. Proposal content, including pricing, will be kept confidential until award of the contract.
The Borough may reject any proposal not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements and may reject any or all proposals. The Borough reserves the right to waive any requirement or condition of the RFP upon finding that it is in the public’s best interest to do so.
Current Zoning Ordinance
The state of the current Zoning Ordinance is not unusual:
- It was rewritten in 2015
- It is large and sometimes difficult for residents to interpret
- The Zoning map may not be congruent with the goals of long term development in the Borough
- It is not user-friendly and lacks consistent graphics to improve readability.
- Council and residents have discussed making changes related to use type in specific zoning districts.
SCOPE OF WORK
With assistance from Borough Staff, the selected consultant will conduct a public process to develop an updated Zoning Ordinance for the Borough of Camp Hill. It is anticipated that the consultant will work with the Council to make updates that take into consideration the Borough’s built out nature.
The final work program will be developed in conjunction with Borough Council and staff but the scope of work should include the following:
- Current Zoning Ordinance Diagnosis. The consultant will work closely with Borough staff in producing a diagnosis of the existing code.
- Review of Comprehensive Plan. The consultant will review and identify Plan Goals, Objectives and Recommendations to ensure the new code will be consistent with recent planning documents
- Public Outreach. The consultant will develop a public outreach strategy designed to inform community stakeholders and hear suggestions of improvements from the public. This will include meetings with Borough Council in order for the consultant to understand the direction of the Board.
- Evaluation of Existing Neighborhoods, Corridors and Zoning Districts. The Borough of Camp Hill contains many unique areas that will warrant context-sensitive regulations. Staff will work with the consultant to identify these areas.
- Drafting the Document. The consultant will prepare drafts of the zoning ordinance, including graphics, for review by staff and Council culminating in a final version to be acted upon by the Planning Commission and Borough Council.
Proposals should contain the following information:
- An introduction to the contractor submitting the proposal.
- A listing of References of similar projects completed by your firm and the name, address, phone number and email of the contact person for whom the project was completed. The Borough of Camp Hill reserves the right to contact these references to discuss their project experience with your firm.
- A completed pricing form for the project.