[CANCELLED FOR 2021]
2020 Learn to Swim Program
Swim lesson registration is conducted online through the Borough website. Participants must be enrolled in Active Network to register for swim lessons. Visit camphillborough.com and create a family account. (If your family participated in recreation programs in the past, you already have an Active Network account established. Do not create a new account).
When registration opens for 2020 (see windows below), return to the website, access your account and register with your credit or debit card. If you choose to pay by check or cash, registration must be done in person at the Borough Office. However, it is the responsibility of the participant’s caretaker to insure a family account has been established in advance.
Participant must be a pool member and at least three (3) years old. Class size is limited to ten (10) individuals. Early registration is strongly recommended. Lessons are conducted rain or shine. No make-up dates for lessons cancelled due to hazardous weather (lightning & thunder).
Session Dates: Registration Window: Session 1: June 15 – June 26 June 1 – June 11
Session 2: June 29 – July 10 June 15 – June 25 Session 3: July 13 – July 24 June 29 – July 9
Note: pool membership is required at time of registration
Fee: $38.50 per session
Time of Lessons: 10:45 to 11:15 am, Monday through Friday.
First day of session: show up at 10:30 am
Swim Levels Tadpole (Beginner) –
- Level I: Basic water adjustment skills including blowing bubbles, floating on front/back, kicking on front, voluntary submerging. Skills are designed for non-swimmers.
- Level II: Completed Tadpole I or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Will learn more water exploration by fully submerging face, jumping into shallow water, bobbing, kick on front/back and alternating arm action on front.
Minnow (Intermediate) –
- Level I: Completed Tadpole II or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Learn further water adjustment skills including entering water independently, support kick on front/back and fully submerge face for 3 seconds.
- Level II: Completed Minnow I or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Will demonstrate skills with little or no help from instructor: fully submerge head, explore deeper water, flutter kick front/back and combine stroke on front/back.
- Level III: Completed Minnow II or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Jump into deeper water, front/back crawl, elementary back stroke, tread water and diving.
Shark (Advanced) –
- Level I: Completed Minnow III or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Will learn breaststroke, sidestroke, front/back crawl 25 yards, diving, turning at wall and tread water.
- Level II: Completed Shark I or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. This level will develop front/back crawl, elementary back stroke, side/breast stroke and also learn butterfly kick, stride jump and open turns.
- Level III: Completed Shark II or be able to demonstrate all completion skills. Will increase endurance by swimming greater distances. Will also concentrate on surface dives, turns and approach stroke.