Hours of Operation
Daily (Monday-Sunday) 6 am to 6 pm (for material drop off and pick up)
The Compost Facility will close for the season on Monday, December 21st.
The Borough may close the facility at any time due to lack of operational space or material processing.
Mulch loading service available on Mondays & Fridays ONLY, from 7:30 am to 8:30 am.
To Obtain a Compost Permit
Due to ongoing procedural issues Compost Permits will no longer be processed via email or by dropping them off at the borough building. Until further notice Compost Permits will be processed in the following manner:
- Please print the compost form from the borough website, complete and mail the completed form along with your check to the borough office at 2145 Walnut Street, Camp Hill, PA 17011. All forms received by 4 pm Monday will be processed, postmarked and mailed on Wednesday.
- The cost is $15 for residents and $800 for approved local contractors. Access cards are valid on a calendar year basis. Replacement cards are $5.
- Do not throw away your access card. It will be reused each year upon renewal.
- You must submit your completed Registration Form at the time you purchase the access card.
- Access cards may NOT be shared with any persons NOT living in your household.
- The automated gate and facility is under surveillance to assure only authorized persons and acceptable materials enter the facility.
- Please keep your access card in your car.
- Upon entry, Please make sure the key card is facing the reader with the numbers to the LEFT and the arm will lift.
- Upon exit, approach the arm slowly and the arm will raise so you may exit.
- Please follow the instructions posted on the new signs at the compost facility, drive slowly, and exercise care as you enter and exit the facility.
Benefits Leaf Mulch and Leaf Compost
Did you ever consider leaving your fall leaves (leaf litter mulch) in your flower beds for the winter? The benefits of leaf litter mulch can help buffer soil temperatures to keep soil warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, thereby protecting plants. Leaf mulch can also help in retaining soil moisture which lessens the need for irrigation.
Did you know that we produce leaf compost each year? Leaf composting makes a dark, rich, earthy organic matter that can be used like soil. It adds nutrients to garden soil and the larger particle size helps enhance the tilth and loosen compacted earth. Compost will also help retain moisture and repels weeds when used as a top dressing or mulch.