Camp Hill Borough has awarded Penn Waste the Solid Waste and Recycling contract for the term 1/1/2018 thru 3/21/2021. Penn Waste will service the residents of Camp Hill for trash collection but the billing will now come from Camp Hill Borough, combined with your sewer bill. All trash payment and billing questions, please call Lauri Becker at 717-737-6532 or email email@example.com. The billing will continue to be quarterly in January, April, July and October, as the sewer billing has been done in the past.NEW ONLINE PAYMENT SITE
Please contact Camp Hill Borough directly to establish service with Penn Waste and any issue regarding your bill at 717-737-6532 or 717-737-3456. Trash service with the contracted provider is required for all single-family homes. By ordinance, unpaid fees for trash collection may be subject to a lien on the property. Commercial buildings and larger apartment buildings or condos may use Penn Waste or choose their own waste hauler.
Penn Waste is closed for specified holidays. In these instances, trash collection is usually delayed by 1-day, therefore, Monday’s trash is collected on Tuesday, and so forth, ending the week with Friday’s trash being collected on Saturday. Check Penn Waste Information flyer below for details.
*Penn Waste Information: http://www.pennwaste.com/municipalities/camp-hill/
Basic Residential Guidelines
- The day your trash is picked up will stay the same
- Please have your items placed at the curb prior to 7:00 AM Monday-Friday
- 96 Gallon Mobile Carts for Recycling will be delivered in December 2017. Please contact Penn Waste directly at 717-767-4456 if you DO NOT want the container, so they may pick it up and you may continue to use your old bin. You may also use your old bin for yard waste
- Yard Waste must not exceed 4 feet in length and must be bundled
- Yard Waste Collection will now be collected twice a month, April-November, the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month (exceptions are June and July which are 2nd and 3rd) There will be a Saturday for Christmas tree pickup also. Please check the Penn Waste calendar year to year for that date.
- Low Volume Customers (those who purchase bags from the Camp Hill Borough office), please contact Lauri Becker at 717-737-6532 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to have or continue this service. This service has changed and there is now a 24 bag minimum purchase per year
- One bulk item will be collected per week but if too heavy to be lifted by 2 people will NOT be accepted
- Bags or containers must not exceed 32 gallons or 30 pounds
- Call Penn Waste at 717-767-4456 to schedule collection of appliances containing Freon (air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, etc.)
- No construction debris will be collected curbside
More information such as the current year collection calendar and Recycling Guidelines can be found on Penn Waste’s Resource Page for Camp Hill Borough.
Yard & Woody Waste:
Throughout the year Yard & Woody Waste can be taken to Composting & Mulch Facility at the Public Works Center. These services are provided only to Borough residents and property owners therefore ID and verification may be requested. Please check the Public Works section of the website to see the hours and operations of the Composting Facility they are subject to change seasonally and based on other factors such as weather and the site’s capacity.
TV’s & Electronics:
Please see the Penn Waste’s flyer on Recycling Guidelines or visit the Cumberland County Recycling & Solid Waste Authority website or contact them by phone (717) 240-6489 for further instructions. Please note, due to the Extended Producer Responsibility Electronics Recycling Law passed in 2010 it is now unlawful to place TV’s out for curbside trash collection. Penn Waste will not collect any TVs placed curbside.
You may safely dispose of certain types of medications here at the Borough Office. Please check out the MedReturn section of our website.
Furniture & Large Items:
Generally furniture and large items may be placed curbside for collection by Penn Waste on your normal trash pickup day. Some guidelines are the following:
- Limit of 1-Large item per week
- Containers may not exceed 60 lbs.
- Large items that are too heavy to be lifted by two people will not be accepted.
- Call Penn Waste to schedule removal of appliances with Freon.
- No construction debris will be collected curbside.
Dumps, Landfills, & Waste Hauling:
For items not accepted by Penn Waste you may need to contact a hauling company to pick up the items or you may need to contact a dump or landfill to where you may transport the items. The Borough cannot recommend which hauler or land fill to use however here is a listing of the known landfills in closest proximity to the Borough:
Cumberland County Landfill
620 Newville Road (Route 641)
Newburg, PA 17240
Boyd E. Diller Inc. Transfer Station
6820 Wertzville Road
Enola, PA 17025
Republic Services Modern Landfill
4400 Mt Pisgah Road
York, PA 17406
Asbestos & Paint Disposal, Chemicals, & Other Items:
For items such as paint, asbestos, and chemicals or if you are unsure about how to dispose of an item please visit the Cumberland County Recycling & Solid Waste Authority website or contact them by phone (717) 240-6489 for further instruction.