Borough of Camp Hill
Downtown Coordinator/Executive Director
The Borough of Camp Hill is seeking a coordinator/director to lead the Borough’s efforts to enhance and promote its downtown retail district. The Borough seeks to create a comprehensive design for the downtown, promote and enhance the community and businesses through programs and events, and create and maintain a sustainable organization to administer and fund these efforts. The downtown coordinator/executive director will be responsible for meeting these objectives.
This position will at least initially be a part-time or contract position, with specific terms to be negotiated.
Tasks and Goals of the Coordinator/Director
- Establish and Lead a Borough of Camp Hill Downtown Board/ Committee in line with the guidelines described in the National Main Street program.
Design (Establishing and keeping the business district vibrant)
- Create/Maintain an engaging atmosphere and a downtown identity/branding.
- Identify areas that need attention and enhancement (signage, facades, lighting, parking, green space, historic preservation
- Educate merchants and property owners on maintenance and enhancement of an attractive downtown
Promotion (Selling the image of the downtown)
- Promote a positive image for investors, residents and visitors
- Set and update the overall branding approach for the community as needed
- Develop strategies for destination marketing for the community (website, social media, brochures, newsletters, photos of the downtown)
- Work with the committee to develop events and analytics to determine the success of each events.
Asset Enhancement (Assist with funding new or enhanced purposes of downtown enterprises or building)
- Identify and attract new businesses
- Assist merchants with planning and communication
- Develop and inventory of building space and properties in the downtown
Organization (Everyone working towards common goals)
- Develop and update a downtown strategic plan
- Serve as communication center for the Board/Committee and Merchants
- Serve as the lead ambassador of the downtown. Communicate and make presentations to stakeholders including Borough Council on economic development issues, programs, services and plans and seek funding from civic and government agencies.
Sustainability (Setting financial goals)
- Develop and lead fundraisers and other methods to fund the downtown board/committee
- Organization Budget Development
- Pursue grant funding for initiatives in the downtown
- Administer daily activities of the Downtown Board/Committee
- Strong leadership, organizational, and entrepreneurial abilities to facilitate and build effective committees/teams and strong relationships with merchants.
- Strong motivation and the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must be competent with WORD,OUTLOOK, EXCEL and social media platforms
- A bachelor’s degree in community development, urban planning, urban studies, historic preservation, non-profits, public administration or relative field.
- Experience in community development