It’s “Rainin’ Cats and Dogs!”
MS4 Stormwater Best Management Practices for ALL Homeowners & Renters -2016
Hosted by the Camp Hill Environmental Club (www.Green-CAUSE.org)
Would you like to learn ways you can keep our ever-increasing stormwater from getting in your basement? Are you concerned about increased flooding in our region, pollutants flowing into our waterways, protecting the Chesapeake Bay, overburdened waste treatment systems, or your rising water and sewer bill?
This FREE and timely series of Best Management Practice (BMP) classes, hosted by the Camp Hill Environmental Club and taught by regional experts, will provide homeowners and renters in MS4-identified municipalities, such as yours, with practical, individualized instruction on stormwater management.
Classes will be held at the Camp Hill Borough Building located 2145 Walnut Street, Camp Hill, PA 17011 on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. as well as two Saturday mornings field trips. Class reservations are appreciated and helpful but not mandatory. Please read below for the requirements of the Saturday morning field trips.
Here is the schedule of classes & field trips for the second half of 2016:
- Tue JUL 7, 7-8:30pm – Best Management Practices Hardware for Homeowners by TBD
- Sat JUL 23, 9:30–11:30am – Tour a Waste Water Treatment Plant (Mechanicsburg Waste Water Treatment Plant @ 842 West Church Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055); Note: please meet at Camp Hill Borough Hall at 9:00am.
- Sat JUL 30, 9:30–11:30am – Tour a Water Treatment Plant (United Water Treatment Plant @ 1081 Limekiln Road, New Cumberland, PA 17070); Note: please meet at Camp Hill Borough Hall at 9:00am; also, space is limited to 10 people, to reserve a place on the tour please call Paul Garrett @ (717) 514-3546.
- Tue AUG 2 – Roof Gardens & Greenroofs – CANCELED
- Tue SEP 6, 7-8:30pm – Saving Money Twice: Wise Water Usage Practices by Green-CAUSE
- Tue OCT 4, 7-8:30pm – Riparian Buffers, Swales, Retention Ponds, & Vernal Poolsby Green-CAUSE
Note: Please discard the old class schedule as some dates have changed or been canceled.
For questions or more information about the classes or the Camp Hill Environmental Clubplease contact Paul Garrett: