Meeting #1 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
- What is stormwater
- Relationship to development
- Problems caused by uncontrolled runoff
- Citizen expectations relative to stormwater management
- External drivers for stormwater management
- Slide Presentation
Meeting #2 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Current Borough Stormwater programs
- Introduction to Level of Service (LOS)
- Current Borough LOS assessment
- Program Management
- O&M & Capital Improvement Plan
- Cost estimate for current LOS
- Stormwater Program Needs
- Slide Presentation
Meeting #3 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
Meeting #4 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
Meeting #5 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Implementation of fee
- Appeal process/Credit Options
- Community Benefits
- Meeting Slides
Meeting #6 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Credit Options (part 2)
- Implementation of schedule
- Public education & Outreach
- Meeting Slides
Meeting #7 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
Meeting #8 – Stormwater Advisory Committee (SAC)
Council recently voted to adopt a policy regarding Trick-Or-Treat Night in the Borough:
“Trick-Or-Treat Night in Camp Hill Borough shall occur from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the date of Halloween, October 31st of each year, unless October 31st falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, in which case Trick-Or-Treat Night activities shall occur from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to October 31st ”
For Halloween Parade & Activities Information Click Here.
The Borough of Camp Hill recently adopted a “Complete Streets Policy Resolution”.
Click here to see the positive effects of this new policy.
Camp Hill Borough Strategic Plan: One-year Progress Report
It’s been just over a year since we adopted our Strategic Plan. In order to keep moving forward, it’s important that we regularly check on our progress. To that end, we are providing this one-year progress report, and we’ll continue to report as we go forward. We also want to encourage you to get engaged if you aren’t already.
- Progress report
The attached spreadsheet provides, for each of the objectives in the Strategic Plan, priority, target completion date, status against target (red-yellow-green) and status update. In brief, we’ve completed or are in the process of implementing several of the objectives in the Plan, some objectives are developed but not yet implemented, and some items still need to be developed. Items completed and underway include:
- Recreation and Green Space: new and greatly improved Siebert Park; agreement to create green space at the Schaeffer school property
- Infrastructure: comprehensive stormwater system mapping completed; numerous sewer system improvements implemented
- Mobility: “bike-friendly community” (BFC) effort initiated, including pursuing the official BFC designation, adding bike racks (look for them soon), and many other activities
- Communication: new borough website
(Note that all of our agreed objectives are in the Plan, including items that were already underway when the Plan was adopted)
- Review and updates going forward
- We will give an update to the community once per year or more often if needed
- The Plan will be reviewed by Borough Council every 6 months
- The Plan will be reviewed by the Borough manager at least once per quarter
- Get engaged!
Our bike friendly effort is a great example of people from the community stepping up and driving one of our objectives forward. Tim Poole has led the effort, many others have joined and done great work, and Council and Mayor Simpson are supporting the effort.
Just as we benefited greatly from broad community engagement in developing the Plan, we’ll achieve our objectives sooner and more effectively if more Borough residents are involved. So, if there is something in the Plan you are interested in or have expertise in – or if you know someone else who might – please contact anyone on Borough Council or any of the Borough staff.
Camp Hill Borough Strategic Plan
Camp Hill Borough Strategic Plan Objectives - December 2015 Update